In this guide, we will explain how to format your SD card on your stock Android device:
- Put the SD card in your ROKiT Android phone and wait for it to be recognised.
- A notification will appear stating "Tap to set up" your SD card.
- Tapping the notification will prompt the user to choose from the following options:
- Phone storage (Allows some apps to be transferred providing the SD card speed is Class 10)
- Portable storage
- If you insert a NTFS or exFAT card a notification stating Issue with SD card. Hit "Tap to fix."
- Tap Set up. You will be taken to a setup wizard asking to set it up as Phone Storage or Portable storage. This is where the device will format the card to FAT32 correctly.
In Settings, NTFS or exFAT will appear as Corrupted. Tap on this to give you the option to set up the card properly.
Please note: SDXC cards use the exFAT format. Reformatting to FAT32 will allow you to use it as a normal SD card, however, none of the benefits of the SDXC card will be available.